I have found the issue and fix to the problem I've had experiencing with SQL Server Management Studios not working on a server.
Issue: SQL Server Management Studios (SSMS) does not work properly
and you get the following error:
Exception from HRESULT: 0X8002801D Type_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED
First check if the following is in place.
1. Run REGEDIT
2. Expand - HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
3. Expand - TypeLib
4. Expand - (91A74EB0-EFA0-482B-B43C-35CFC74B275F)
5. Expand - a.0
6. You should see the following keys
7. Expand - the key called 0 (zero)
8. Expand - win32
9. Right click on (Default)
10. You now should see the following:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\dteproperties.tlb
Next if the steps 6 - 10 are missing, create the keys as above and restart SSMS.
If the error still continues then check the path of the "dteproperties.tlb" and modify the above with the proper path
The issues is now resolved.